Sunday 9 November 2008

Liam's Font.

So this is the second disgracefully late post, my apologies once again. This is the last part of the "Alphabet Soup" project, we had a fair amount of time to produce a final piece aswell. Naturally mine we completed two weeks after the deadline date.. ahem.

Anyway the brief involved us being paired off, and in our pairs we had to conduct a sort of mini interview, and really get to know the each other. We each came up with 10 words to describe our partner and went away to construct a font based on these words, or the personality of that person.


...You following this? Yeah i thought it was weird too.

I got paired with moustache fetish Liam, and since all his personality traits were completely contradictive, I decided to create a typeface based on his unhealthy addiction to facial hair... haha sorry Liam.


I started by exploring my favourite font, god knows why I picked my favourite, surely Liam's would've been more appropriate... but never mind.
Yeah so i messed around with Century Gothic abit, then I went off on a tangent to do with his almost split personality traits and came up with what you see below.


What I've done here is split the font in two, half with serifs half without, and I know it looks awful but it's the concept that counts right?
Anyway I much prefer the moustache idea :)




















No comments: