Tuesday 4 November 2008

Print...

is shit.

I appreciated that its important to know where things came from, so I'll try and do this with good grace :) yeahhh.
Oh. I also appreciate how out of date this is, ahem... so when I say we did print, i mean we did print like, the best part of a month ago.
Aaanyway, So we did print, which for me was pretty grueling. Just the fact that its so.. unspontanious, for want of a better word, just ruins it. Mono printing was okay, but screen printing?! We spent most the morning preparing stuff, 5 minutes printing, then we had an hour and a half break whilst it dried, during which i was cohersed into spending a ridiculous amount of money on a coat i didn't need, only to come back, to do some more preparation, for 5 minutes printing, and then a bollocking, and then the rest on the afternoon cleaning shit. Sorry but i just don't understand why people find this so appealing. Argh.

That said, it was interesting to see what all the fuss was about, i just don't want to do it again in a hurry.

So i suppose you want pictures now? :)

MONO PRINTING:







These are all the results of the boards i was printing off though, not the actual finished things. I didnt get any good pictures of them. I'll maybe upload some later, should I actually get round to taking some. heh. Yeah i used the crazy hybrid 'Y' that I made during the last project as a stencil. I think it looks really good, but i got so bored with the same one on every print, also the broke every 10 mintues cause they were so damn flimsy... Which, as you can probably guess, only infuriated my already growing dislike of the whole print process. Whay. hah.











SCREEN PRINTING: (joy.)

Cleaning..


Oh look, more cleaning.


No way, not more cleaning?


Yeah, I know these are pretty much all the same picture,
but there was alot of cleaning.
Just wanted to make that absolutely clear.


So first we printed in just cyan, and then printed on top of it in magenta. the images were pretty much the same except for some adjustments we made in pen and tipex, allowing the different colours to show through on the print :)





I was'nt too impressed with mine,
but these ones were all pretty cool. i think the one at the bottom is Martin's.
well done Martin :|
(don't ask me why its upside down)




No comments: