Monday 12 January 2009

100 trees.

Could I have picked something more boring? No I don't think so. See I like trees, they're good fun to draw as well, loads of freedom to do what you want.
Anyway, It might be nice to challenge myself a bit more. So my new task is going to be to find the most interesting things about trees, and exploit it for all its worth.

Having got that out the way, I'll now share with you some of the photos I collected. Fun fun!






There are 100 of these, honest.
I took them at a few different locations, and at different times of day so I'd have a few ways to categorise them since that seems to be a major part of this brief.

Anyway I took these photos home and I had this empty sketch book, and I thought how nice it would be to fill it up with line drawings of trees, and though individually the pictures might become a bit boring, or 'samey', I think it would be a really nice thing to have. I'd find it interesting anyway. But then I wondered if that would be enough to fulfill the brief? Just because I like it doesn't mean anyone else will.

I had a go at the line drawings anyway. It was a lot more time consuming than I'd first thought. I managed about 7 over the last few days of the holidays, I'll scan them in and get them posted asap!

Oh, I also collected 100 leaves. so that might come into this project somewhere too..


If any of you have suggestions, feel free to let me know, ta!

1 comment:

David Gasi said...

uhh ... I have a couple of pages in a book which illustrates conventional tree growth is structured similar to an atomic chain reaction. I think that's interesting anyway! Will scan it if you want.