Friday 23 January 2009
























We had to produce a mock up of our books for last Monday. I decided the best way to tackle this was to use the photographs in place of any drawings or sketches as this allows me to experiment with layout before committing to a specific design. I took the photos I had taken over Christmas and began to crop them down as shown above, I made this decision after a group crit, as the overall feeling was that the photos become more interesting when forced to study a small area in more detail.
This decision also allowed me to arrange the squares, considering layout, categorisation and overall aesthetics with relative ease.

3 comments:

Gareth Smith said...

I was just sorting out my CD collection and I came across '()' by Sigur Ros - its got a very similar thing going on with your layered trees and transparent paper. You can see a bit of it here http://www.hardformat.org/sigur-ros, but I'll bring the CD on Monday for you to see if you want.

laurenforresterbagd said...

hey thats brilliant! Yeah bring it in tomorrow if you remember, i'd love to see it, thanks!

Liam Hine said...

Didn't know what post to post this link onto, but gander. x

http://www.eatock.com/project/trees/